Personal License: Terms and Conditions
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
This End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between you (an individual but not a company or group) and Aldaray Ltd with regard to the copyrighted software provided with this EULA (herein referred to as “Software”).
If you do not agree with the terms of this EULA, do not install or use the Software. By installing or otherwise using the Software, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA.
Aldaray Ltd may be able to negotiate some clauses of this agreement with you. If you wish to do so, contact Aldaray Ltd (contact details at the end of this license). Note however that you may not proceed to install the supplied software if you do not agree to the present EULA as-is.
License Grant. Aldaray Ltd grants to you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right to use the copy of the Software for the sole purpose of protecting your products.
Personal Use. The licensee must be a natural person as opposed to a company, group or a similar entity. This license may be used to protect products offered by the licensee. The licensee must be credited as the main developer of the product in any relevant location within the product as well as any marketing materials.
Use of the license key. Upon purchase, you will be provided with a license key, which is a sequence of characters encoding your license conditions. The following limitations and requirements apply to your use of the key:
- Usage requirement. This license agreement requires that the license key be activated in the Software whenever it is used to produce protected binaries intended for distribution. You must not distribute binaries protected with the Software in Evaluation mode, or using a license key for a license which doesn't cover the said binaries.
- No distribution. You may not distribute the license key to anyone not covered under this license agreement.
- Reasonable precautions. You must take reasonable precautions to prevent accidental distribution of the license key to anyone not covered under this agreement.
Link discount. If you purchased a license with a link discount, additional requirements apply. These are detailed in Appendix A.
30 days money back guarantee. You may request a full refund within 30 days of your purchase, confirming that you have not made public any products protected with the Software. Your license agreement will terminate and we will issue a full refund. Full details are available in Appendix B.
Feature statistics. To help us improve the Software, anonymous reporting of how often various features are used is employed. You acknowledge and agree that such reporting is enabled upon first installation, and can be easily and permanently turned off.
No modification. Modifying or translating all or part of the Software and removing any proprietary notices, labels or marks from the Software is prohibited. Furthermore, you agree not to create derivative works based on the Software.
No transfer. Transferring or assigning all or part of the Software, or any rights granted hereunder, to any other persons is prohibited.
No distribution. You may not distribute, loan, rent, lease, or sub-license the Software.
Copyright. The Software is licensed, not sold. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the Software is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the Software will remain the exclusive property of Aldaray Ltd and/or its suppliers, and you will not acquire any rights to the Software, except as expressly set forth above.
Disclaimer of Warranty. The Software is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind. Aldaray Ltd and its suppliers disclaim and make no express or implied warranties and specifically disclaim the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of third-party rights. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Software is with you. Neither Aldaray Ltd nor its suppliers warrant that the functions contained in the Software will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error-free.
No obligation to update. Aldaray Ltd is under no obligation to provide any updates of the Software. In particular (without limitation), Aldaray Ltd is not obligated to fix errors or defects that may exist in the Software. Aldaray Ltd will however endeavor to supply any such fixes where practicable and at its sole discretion.
Limitation of Liability. Aldaray Ltd’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this EULA shall not exceed the price paid for the Software, if any. In no event shall Aldaray Ltd or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, incidental, direct, indirect, special and consequential damages, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use or inability to use this Software, even if Aldaray Ltd has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or any claim by a third party. Because some states/countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
Indemnification by You. If you distribute the Software in violation of this Agreement, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Aldaray Ltd and its suppliers from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorney’s fees that arise or result from the use or distribution of the Software in violation of this Agreement.
Termination. You may terminate this EULA at any time by destroying all copies of the Software. The EULA will terminate automatically should you fail to comply with any term or condition set forth in this EULA.
Appendix A. Link Discount
If you have purchased a license with a link discount, the following additional requirements apply:
- You must place the text “This product is protected with Rummage” and link the user to http://www.aldaray.com/Rummage in your “About” dialog box, “Credits” section or a similar, reasonably accessible location in your product.
- Either the whole text, or just the word Rummage, may be clickable, opening the specified link in the browser. Alternatively, the full URL may be displayed, in which case it must be possible to select it and use Copy & Paste.
- The text “This product is obfuscated with Rummage” must appear on the primary product website; the words “obfuscated with Rummage” must be a link to the URL specified above.
- If your license allows you to protect multiple products, the above requirements apply to every product protected with Rummage.
Appendix B. 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
If you change your mind about your purchase of Rummage, we guarantee that we will issue a full refund as long as the following conditions are met:
- It has been 30 days or less since the date you purchased Rummage.
- You have not yet made any Rummage-protected binaries available to anyone outside of your company (or, for single individuals, any other person).
Details on how to request the refund are available on our website at http://www.aldaray.com/f/rmbg.
info <at> aldaray [dot] com