Evaluation License: Terms and Conditions
Quick facts about the evaluation license:
- The terms and conditions listed here govern your use of Rummage in evaluation mode. You may also purchase a full license, supplied with a separate license agreement.
- You may not distribute binaries created by Rummage in evaluation mode outside your company, or use them for purposes other than evaluating whether Rummage satisfies your requirements.
- Assemblies created by Rummage in evaluation mode contain code to display a message to this effect. The message is initially suppressed for 7 days, allowing you to fully test the modified assemblies without interference. You may not suppress or remove this message.
- This software is provided ‘as is’, without any express or implied warranty. In no event will Aldaray Ltd be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
This End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Aldaray Ltd with regard to the copyrighted software provided with this EULA (herein referred to as “Software”).
If you do not agree with the terms of this EULA, do not install or use the Software. By installing or otherwise using the Software, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA.
Aldaray Ltd may be able to negotiate some clauses of this agreement with you. If you wish to do so, contact Aldaray Ltd (contact details at the end of this license). Note however that you may not proceed to install the supplied software if you do not agree to the present EULA as-is.
License Grant. Aldaray Ltd grants to you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right to use the copy of the Software provided with this EULA, for the sole purpose of evaluating the suitability of the Software for protecting your application. As such, the following limitations apply to your use of the Software.
- Use of created assemblies. You may not use the assemblies created in evaluation mode for any purpose other than evaluating the suitability of the Software. You may not distribute such assemblies to your end-users. You may not distribute such assemblies to anyone who is not an employee of the licensed entity or individual.
- Evaluation mode message. Assemblies created by the Software in evaluation mode will display a message documenting the fact that the assembly was created by the Software running in evaluation mode. You agree to allow this code to be embedded. You may not suppress or delay this message, interfere with the mechanism that controls whether the message is displayed, or alter the wording of the message in any way. Any modifications you make to assemblies created by the Software in evaluation mode must be consistent with the above requirement.
Feature statistics. To help us improve the Software, anonymous reporting of how often various features are used is employed. You acknowledge and agree that such reporting is enabled upon first installation, and can be easily and permanently turned off.
No modification. Modifying or translating all or part of the Software and removing any proprietary notices, labels or marks from the Software is prohibited. Furthermore, you agree not to create derivative works based on the Software.
Distribution. You may freely distribute the unmodified installer for the Software. You may charge a reasonable amount to cover the costs of distribution only. You must not charge for the Software, and you must not distribute any of the files produced by the installer during operation.
Copyright. The Software is licensed, not sold. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the Software is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the Software will remain the exclusive property of Aldaray Ltd and/or its suppliers, and you will not acquire any rights to the Software, except as expressly set forth above.
Disclaimer of Warranty. The Software is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind. Aldaray Ltd and its suppliers disclaim and make no express or implied warranties and specifically disclaim the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of third-party rights. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Software is with you. Neither Aldaray Ltd nor its suppliers warrant that the functions contained in the Software will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error-free.
No obligation to update. Aldaray Ltd is under no obligation to provide any updates of the Software. In particular (without limitation), Aldaray Ltd is not obligated to fix errors or defects that may exist in the Software. Aldaray Ltd will however endeavor to supply any such fixes where practicable and at its sole discretion.
Limitation of Liability. Aldaray Ltd’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this EULA shall not exceed the price paid for the Software, if any. In no event shall Aldaray Ltd or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, incidental, direct, indirect, special and consequential damages, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use or inability to use this Software, even if Aldaray Ltd has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or any claim by a third party. Because some states/countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
Indemnification by You. If you distribute the Software in violation of this Agreement, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Aldaray Ltd and its suppliers from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorney’s fees that arise or result from the use or distribution of the Software in violation of this Agreement.
Termination. You may terminate this EULA at any time by destroying all copies of the Software. The EULA will terminate automatically should you fail to comply with any term or condition set forth in this EULA.
info <at> aldaray [dot] com